- i-Tree is a global state-of-the software developed by the US Forest Service, Davey Tree Expert Company and Partners to calculate the benefits of trees. Give Me Trees has been trained extensively on using i-Tree to calculate various ecosystem services provided by trees and shrubs.
Who can benefit from the trainings?
- 1. Science students (Undergraduate, Masters, PhD) in any branch/stream. Environmental sciences is preferred, but all branches are encouraged to apply
- 2. Schools, colleges and universities who want to adopt i-Tree as a part of their curriculum
- 3. PhD students who want on work on calculation of tree benefits as a thesis subject
- 4. Anyone else who is interested to learn about the calculation of benefits provided by trees
The trainings include the following aspects:
- 1.Using i-Tree software to calculate the benefits and ecosystem services of trees
- 2.Field data collection of trees using mathematical methods
- 3.Tree canopy survey using remote sensing technology
- 4.Change in tree cover over years using satellite imagery
- 5.Creating tree tags for individual trees along with their benefits
For more information, contact us atEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Number: +91 9811258236